Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hum to yun apni zindagi se mile, Ajnabi jaise ajnabi se mile

One of the most beautiful lyrics written in sometime. I heard this Ghazals so many times (same is the case with most of Jaggu Da's Ghazals) that it became a second nature. I am not sure who wrote the lyrics for this Ghazal (I did try finding it on Google but to no avail, if you know that please let me know, I would appreciate that), but he has done a marvelous job at capturing the moment.

Another fantastic sher from the Ghazal goes like this:

Phool hi phool humne mange the
Daag hi daag zindagi se mile

Not only Jagjit has a velvet voice, but he knows how to render the words with the appropriate emotion. Being a Jagjit Singh fan for over a decade, I realized that his Ghazals have a long lasting effect.

You can hear this Ghazal here.

No comments:

Post a Comment