Saturday, August 02, 2008

Quotes of Optimism

I have been lately thinking about how to be optimist about everything in life. After all that is something which gives you motivation to go that extra mile when you are feeling helpless. I have always liked to be optimistic in the worst of the situations. Not that I am always proud of the fact that there are times when I stop worrying completely about a difficult situation, but it does help most of the times. I was interested in knowing what great thinkers said about optimism and found the following invaluable quotes:

1. “Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can't be done.”
- Bo Bennett

2. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
- Winston Churchill

3. “Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so that we can see Life with a clearer view again.”
- Alex Tan

4. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
- Maria Robinson

5. “I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
- Jimmy Dean

6. I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.
- Rabindranath Tagore

7. If you can imagine it you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.
- William Arthur Ward

8. We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

9. No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.
- Helen Keller

10. The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.
- George Shultz

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:46 AM

    It could widen my imagination towards the things that you are posting.

    ReplyDelete