Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rudeness in profession!

I always find it hard to believe that you are so overwhelmed  with work that you have to be rude to your customers, but of course some of the places I recetly experienced it is not as hard as I would imagine to be rude.

Neovision Eye Center (Mountain View): So I go for my annual eye exam and am prescribed a different set of glasses. I was told I should get the polycarbonate lenses because they are so *in* nowadays, lightweight and thin and what not. Ok, I say and pay that extra premium for them. 

It takes them literally 2 weeks as they mentioned and I was given a call to come and pick them. I go after a couple of days to pick the glasses, and am told that they are not in the Mountain View office (where I visited the doctor and paid for my glasses) but at the Union City office, so the only options I have are either drive all the way to Union City or wait *few more days* for them to bring it to the Mountain View office and then again come and pick them. Of course I have to make sure I am there at a particular date and time so that the optician is going to be available (which I did for this visit anyways). 

I come back and get my glasses and happy with them right! Wrong! With all the good things they told me about the polycarbonate lenses, they conveniently forgot to mention that these lenses require you to look straight and the side vision is not *yet* as good as the good old plastic lenses I had. So I ask what can be done, and they tell me they can put the plastic lenses because these lenses are not working for me. I ask them about refunding the premium I paid for the useless good for nothing polys and the lady very rudely tells me I cannot do anything about it. Its gone!

I wait for another 2 weeks and get the plastic lenses. Its been almost 5-6 weeks since my exam and this is the first time I can really try the new prescription on and I don't think they did a good job at that either. I am able to see better with my old lenses (which I am currently wearing) than the new ones.

So much for good service NeoVision. Shame on you guys for this treatment to your customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment