Thursday, August 14, 2008

मसीहा

I keep listening to new Ghazals of Jaggu da, most of them I heard before but there are times when I hear something totally new and different. I am amazed at the variety of Ghazals he has sung, different moods, different situations, different themes and all of them composed and rendered differently based on taste and that is what I love about Jagjit Singh.

This is a very simple one with lot of meaning and above all soothing. So enjoy!

सारी दुनिया का जो मसीहा है
अपन ही घर में वो अकेला है

रेत के घर में कांच के रिश्ते
ज़िन्दगी भी अजब तमाशा है

अब कहीं कुछ नज़र नहीं आता
दूर तक यह धुआं धुआं क्या है

ज़िन्दगी रास्ता है काँटों का
होके जिसपे हमें गुज़रना है

मोम के जिस्म धूप की चादर
ऐसा मंजर भी ग़म ने देखा है

यह मुकद्दर का खेल है सारा
एक भिकारी है एक दाता है

- Jagjit Singh [Jazbaa (2008)]

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:50 AM

    अच्छी गज़ल है। आप हिन्दी में लिख लेते हैं हिन्दी और भी लिखिये।

    ReplyDelete